Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What I Have Learned About the French Revolution

I have learned so much about the French Revolution and Napoleon.  I really did not know anything about the French Revolution until now.  I learned that the French Revolution was much more violent and devastating to the French people than i had thought.  I also learned that Louis XVI was a very weak monarch and provoked the Revolution.  I learned a lot about Robespierre, whom i had never heard of before.  I also learned a lot about Napoleon that I did not know before.  I now know how rundown France's economy was in the midst of the French Revolution.  I also never knew about the time period after Louis XVI's reign, called the Terror.  I learned that the time period after Louis XVI's reign was very difficult because of the groups fighting to be the leader of France.

No comments:

Post a Comment