Monday, September 6, 2010

Family Histories

Herodotus’ Writing Style

This is the story of when my parents met and got married, as told to me by grandparents, aunts, uncles, and my parents themselves. It is also the story of how my brother, Michael, and I were born and baptized. This story will trace back around thirty years ago in Baltimore, Maryland where my parents first met as young teenagers. It will also follow the course of their dating, engagement, and marriage. After a few years of their marriage, they celebrated my birth and later the birth of my younger brother, Michael.

My dad’s name is Michael (Mike) Sanphillipo, and he is the youngest of four children. He has two older sisters and an older brother; from oldest to youngest their names are Mary Ann, Catherine (Cathy), and Joseph (Joe). When my dad was eleven his mom died, and because his older siblings had already moved out, he and his dad moved into a house in my mom’s neighborhood. My mom’s name is Gina Pasquariello, and she has three siblings. She has one older brother and a younger brother and sister; from oldest to youngest their names are Anthony (Tony), Michael, and Christina (Chrissy).

According to my Aunt Mary Ann and Aunt Chrissy, when my dad was a young teenager he met and began to hang out with my Uncle Tony and my Uncle Michael. Because my dad did not have any siblings left at home, he spent a lot of time at my mom’s house with my Uncle Tony and Uncle Michael. He ate there, slept there, and even attended family vacations; he really was like an adopted son of my mom’s parents. According to my Granny (my maternal grandmother), after a few years, my mom and dad started to like each other after being friends for so long. They went on a few dates, but they remained friends until their early twenties when they began seriously dating. My Aunt Chrissy told me that my dad informed my mom’s parents that he was going to ask my mom to marry him. He asked my Aunt Chrissy to help him pick out the engagement ring. My dad said that he proposed to my mom in August of 1990 by bringing my mom a dozen roses and putting the ring in one of the roses.

My parents were married on October 12, 1991. According to my parents, they were married in Saint Brigid’s Church by Father Joe Bochenek. They celebrated mass together with lots of family and friends. I have heard from family members who attended the wedding that it was a beautiful, traditional Catholic wedding. My dad told me that they held the wedding reception at the Sheraton Hotel in BWI Airport. They celebrated with a traditional father-daughter dance as well as the bride and groom’s first formal dance together. My dad told me that after hours of celebrating, they went on a honeymoon for four days in Disney World and a three day cruise to Nassau in the Bahamas.

After about three and a half years of being married, my mom became pregnant with me. My parents spent months of planning and could not wait for me to be born. My parents told me that I was born six and a half weeks early in Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland on May 11, 1995. I only weighed 5 pounds 3.4 ounces and I was nineteen and a quarter inches in length. Because I was born so premature I had jaundice and had to spend a week in the Mercy Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). According to my parents, I was baptized a few months after I came home from the hospital in August of 1995. I was baptized at Saint Brigid’s Church, and my Aunt Mary Ann told me that Father Joe held me up in the air like the lion in The Lion King after I was baptized.

My parents waited about three years before having another baby. My parents were so excited that I would have a younger sibling. My parents told me that my brother was born two weeks early in Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland on February 19, 1998. He weighed 9 pounds 11.6 ounces and he was twenty-one and a quarter inches in length. According to my parents, he was baptized in July of 1998 at Saint Brigid’s Church. This is the complete story of how my family came into being.

Thucydides’ Writing Style

This is the story of when Michael (Mike) Sanphillipo and Gina Pasquariello met and got married as recorded in documents, photos, and videos. It is also the story of how their children, Allison and Michael, were born and baptized. This story will trace back around thirty years in Baltimore, Maryland where Mike and Gina first met as young teenagers. It will also follow the course of their dating, engagement, and marriage. After a few years of their marriage, they celebrated the birth of their daughter, Allison and later their son, Michael.

According to www.myheritage.com, Mike Sanphillipo is the youngest of four children. He has two older sisters and an older brother; from oldest to youngest their names are Mary Ann, Catherine (Cathy), and Joseph (Joe). In 1977, when Mike was eleven his mom died, and because his older siblings had already moved out, he and his dad moved into a house in Gina’s neighborhood. Gina Pasquariello is the second oldest out of four. She has one older brother and a younger brother and sister; from oldest to youngest their names are Anthony (Tony), Michael, and Christina (Chrissy).

According to family pictures, when Mike was a young teenager he met and began to hang out with Tony and Michael. Because Mike did not have any siblings left at his home, he spent a lot of time at Gina’s house with Tony and Michael. He ate there, slept there, and even attended family vacations; he really was like an adopted son of Gina’s parents. According to some other family pictures, after a few years, Mike and Gina started to like each other after being friends for such a long time. They went on a few dates, but they remained friends until their early twenties when they began seriously dating. Mike informed Gina’s parents that he was going to ask her to marry him. He asked Chrissy to help him pick out the engagement ring. Mike proposed to Gina in August of 1990 by bringing her a dozen roses and putting the ring in one of the roses.

According to their wedding license, Mike and Gina were married on October 12, 1991. According to their wedding video and pictures, they were married in Saint Brigid’s Church by Father Joe Bochenek. They celebrated mass together with lots of family and friends. Pictures showed that it was a beautiful, traditional Catholic wedding. Pictures also showed that they held the wedding reception at the Sheraton Hotel in BWI Airport. They celebrated with a traditional father-daughter dance as well as the bride and groom’s first formal dance together. According to family pictures, after hours of celebrating, they went on a honeymoon for four days in Disney World and a three day cruise to Nassau in the Bahamas.

According to Allison’s birth certificate as well as family pictures, after about three and a half years of being married, Gina became pregnant with a baby girl. Gina and Mike spent months of planning and could not wait for Allison to be born. Allison’s birth certificate stated that she was born six and a half weeks early in Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland on May 11, 1995. She only weighed 5 pounds 3.4 ounces and she was nineteen and a quarter inches in length. Because she was born so premature, she had jaundice and had to spend a week in the Mercy Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). According to Allison’s Certificate of Baptism as well as pictures, she was baptized on August 13, 1995 at Saint Brigid’s Church.

Gina and Mike waited about three years before having another baby. They were so excited that Allison would have a younger sibling. Michael’s birth certificate as well as family pictures told that he was born two weeks early in Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland on February 19, 1998. He weighed 9 pounds 11.6 ounces and he was twenty-one and a quarter inches in length. According to Michael’s Certificate of Baptism and family pictures, he was baptized on July 5, 1998 at Saint Brigid’s Church. This is the complete story of how the Sanphillipo family came into being.

Works Cited

http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-117224141/sanphillipo-family-tree

Gina and Mike Sanphillipo Wedding Video

Gina and Mike Sanphillipo Wedding Certificate

Allison Sanphillipo Birth Certificate

Allison Sanphillipo Baptism Certificate

Michael Sanphillipo Birth Certificate

Michael Sanphillipo Baptism Certificate

Allison Sanphillipo as a baby

Allison Sanphillipo- baptism

Gina and Mike Sanphillipo- wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment